Sunday, August 22, 2010

And the college cooking begins!

No longer do I have the luxury of a stocked kitchen with every type of spice, food, utensil, etc available to me. Instead I have a foreign dorm kitchen and an odd assortment of kitchen stuff. Even though I won't be able to try out a stack of intricate recipes, though, I am SO EXCITED to get started cooking for myself. Already three days into cooking at school, I am rejoicing over the fact that I don't have to eat in the meal hall every day. The odd assortment of things in my cupboards and fridge just provides a challenge that I can't wait to tackle every day.

I have a few recipes I want to try down the road, but for now I'm just putting things together.

Day One:
Sauteed chicken with red peppers, onion, and fresh garlic.
served with cooked spinach and garlic medley, grapes























Day Two:
Mini pizzas
served with spinach salad and peach mango smoothie
 














Day Three:
Garlic pepper rubbed Tilapia sprinkled with lemon juice
served with roasted onions, peppers, and garlic and brown rice

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You need to tell me how you made the mini-pizzas... definitely worthy of me stealing the recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no recipe needed!

    Whole wheat english muffins, pizza sauce, oregano, and italian cheese blend. Pop in the oven for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete