Sunday, January 9, 2011

Corn Chowder and 7 minute cookies

This was my first-ever run in with corn chowder. Never made it, never eaten it. But I liked it; and variety is a must when you're eating soup every day of National Soup Month. And it's healthy!


Corn Chowder 






















Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. diced celery 
2 Tbs. diced onion
2 Tbs. finely diced green pepper
1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup peeled, diced, 1/2 inch raw potatoes 
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt 
black pepper, to taste 
*1/4 tsp. paprika 
2 Tbs. flour
2 C non-fat milk


* I don't have paprika... but use it if you do!


Prep: 
- Heat oil in medium saucepan
- Add celery, onion and green pepper and saute for 2 minutes
-Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 
-Place 1/2 cup milk in a jar with tight fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously. 
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables and add remaining milk. 
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens 
- Serve, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley (if you have it!)


__________
I can tell you that if you spend a few months making cupcakes obsessively, and then suddenly stop without weaning your friends off of them, they will complain. They with beg for you to make their 'favorite', which happens to be every kind you've made in the past. They will look at you with puppy dog eyes until you make something sweet, even though you only have 10 minutes until you have to leave. If this should happen to you, and you have nothing sweet in your house, make these cookies. I didn't eat any, but my dinner guests sure did like them :) 


Aysley's 7 Minute (Easiest Ever) Peanut Butter Cookies 
1 Cup Peanut Butter ~ 1 Cup Sugar ~ 1 Egg


You could mix it with a mixer if you felt like getting one dirty. I mixed it with a fork. Roll into balls, roll in extra sugar to coat. I flattened them with a fork, but you could also push hershey's kisses in them, if you have them. I'm not sure how many it makes because they ate about half the dough. I'm also not sure how long I cooked them, but I turned the oven on at 350 and the whole process took me about 7 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. You make me sound like a 5 year old! Hahaha. <3 I think you only cooked them for about 5 minutes, by the way.

    ReplyDelete