Friday, January 28, 2011

Lemon-Rosemary Pasta with Peas

Today Kim came over to pick up the cupcakes I made for her, and we had a blast decorating them. I made the cupcakes from a box (I know, blasphemousness) and altered them a little. This time I added milk and a little vinegar instead of the water, and added a tsp of almond extract. We frosted them with both buttercream and a chocolate glaze that I always fall back on when I need a fast frosting.


Chocolate Glaze
Melt 1/4 stick butter. Add about 2 Tbs. milk, 1 Tbs. vanilla to the melted butter. Add 1/4 pound powdered sugar and about 3 Tbs. cocoa powder. Whisk together until blended. Add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency.




We did also eat a real meal. I made this so-easy pasta dish. Start to finish it only took about 10 minutes. I honestly didn't measure anything, it really depends on how many you're cooking for. Therefore all measurements below are approximate.


Lemon-Rosemary Pasta with Peas


Pasta
Olive oil
Garlic
Frozen Peas
Lemon Juice
Spices


Cook the desired amount of pasta for x servings according to directions on box. Meanwhile, thaw x servings of peas in a strainer under cold water. When pasta is almost done cooking, heat about 1/2 Tbs. olive oil in large saucepan and saute about 2 tsp. minced garlic. Add peas, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Strain cooked pasta and add to saucepan with peas. Add about 3 Tbs. lemon Juice and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment