Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocolate Banana Vegan Pudding

Let me start by saying I'm not vegan. Not vegetarian. Or even close. But more often than not, I choose the friends that are vegetarians, vegan, are allergic to berries, are gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant.... etc. Therefore, I'm always up for building up my repertoire of bizarre recipes that will please the group. 

This "pudding" was actually really tasty and is great for vegans and non-vegans alike. I thought I had finally found a group pleaser... until I remembered the one that doesn't eat bananas. *sigh* 

Anyway, The taste was magnifique and the texture was very smooth. My only concern was that it could have been a thicker consistency. Next time, more bananas! 

Chocolate Banana Vegan Pudding
Takes 5 minutes + chilling

....oops... 
I'll get a better picture next time.
Ingredients: 
1 banana, frozen in chunks 
1 (12 oz) package soft silken tofu
1/4 cup powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp soy milk*
1 pinch ground cinnamon

* I didn't have soy milk so I make mine with regular cows milk and added a dash of vanilla. 

Directions

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into individual serving dishes and refrigerate for an hour before serving. 

Makes 5 small 100 calorie servings. 


2 comments:

  1. I totally eat bananas. You guys just don't let me eat bananas!

    Bananas in cooking don't usually trigger a reaction. Just raw bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these were raw, haha, I didn't cook them in any way.

    ReplyDelete