Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate & Peanut Covered Banana Pops

I rarely buy bananas at the store. They're far from being in the ranking for my favorite fruit, but hey, a girl needs variety in her life. And honestly, smother a banana in the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter and I'll eat these bad boys all day. 


Initially I was going to make the sauce on the stove, but I wasn't really feeling the whole process of washing the pan, so I experimented with making it in the microwave and it worked perfectly!


Also, I... um... didn't have any Popsicle sticks. So one of my pops sported a knife (worked really well!) and one a straw (which proved to be too flimsy). Be creative. Or, if you're privileged enough to have a form of transportation, drive to the store and get Popsicle sticks!


5 minutes + freezing | 2 pops 


2 T cocoa powder
3 T sugar 
dash salt 
3 T water
1 T creamy peanut butter


Combine cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and water in microwavable bowl. Microwave on High one minute. Stir in  Peanut butter until melted. Set aside. 


Meanwhile, Cut a large banana in half and make into a pop by sticking a Popsicle stick (or knife) in one side. Chop peanuts until small. Sprinkle on foil. 


Use a spoon to cover banana with chocolate peanut butter mixture. Roll in peanuts or other toppings. One of mine had peanuts and the other had sprinkles!


Place on foil in a pan in the freezer until hard (a few hours). Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah heating chocolate in the microwave has worked pretty well for me in the past. I usually use a lower setting and add more time to the process though.

    These look great! Is it strange that I had banana pops in one of my dreams this past week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lower setting, more time works great too! I've always heated chocolate chips and such in the microwave, but I wasn't sure if the sugar would dissolve so it wasn't gritty. Just have to get it hot enough, I suppose.

    Yeah, that's pretty weird, haha. Sounds like a fantastic dream.

    ReplyDelete