Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pesto Shrimp Soup

I made spaghetti for lunch so I wanted a light dinner, but didn't really have anything planned. This came together nicely, however I'm not sure if I would intentionality make it again. It was good to use up things on hand, and it was definitely not a heavy or hearty soup, which was exactly what I was shooting for!

Pesto Shrimp Soup
20 minutes | 5 servings 

8 C water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 bag precooked boil-in-bag whole grain brown rice
1 package McCormick dry pesto mix (I only had half left after Pesto CousCous)
7 oz. cooked frozen shrimp, thawed
1 C frozen peas, thawed

Bring water to a boil, add bouillon cube and bag rice. Cook rice according to package times. When rice is finished, cut bag open, dump rice into water, and discard bag. Add pesto seasoning, shrimp, and peas. Heat through, and serve.

5 servings at about 120 calories each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment