Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies with a Nutella Swirl

I have a confession to make. Until making these cookies, I've never baked with Nutella. 

I've had the intention, but it usually just went down by the spoonful before I managed to turn the oven on. Learning from this, I never keep it in the kitchen. Mom does though :) And when I went home last weekend I decided to make peanut butter cookies with a Nutella Swirl that kept popping up on the blogosphere. 

I made half a recipe, and they were gone by the end of the day! Nothing can get better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, but add some hazelnut and there are no words! This is dangerous, because since I've collected at least 10 Nutella recipes....
Peanut Butter Cookies with a Nutella Swirl
Ingredients: 
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
3/4 C smooth peanut butter
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
~ 1/4 C Nutella 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix until blended. 

Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough and then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife. 

Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Roll into balls. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Using a form, press down the balls  to flatten slightly. Bake until edges are very lightly brown (about 7-10 minutes). 

Allow to rest 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. (good luck with that)

No comments:

Post a Comment