Monday, March 21, 2011

Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

I've been so busy that I keep making food to eat throughout the week and forgetting to write down how I made it. Carrot and Sweet Potato soup is one of those things. It was very low in calories and tasted pretty yummy. I just finished my last bowl. Here's my attempt at remembering what it included:

Ingredients:
2 small sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
6 medium carrots, cut into large coins
1 onion, cut in wedges
1 T olive oil
pepper
8 Cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
ginger
bay leaf

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Spread the carrots, onions, and potatoes in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake in oven until slightly brown, about 20-25 minutes. Bring water to a boil on stove. Add bouillon cubes, a few shakes of ground ginger, and bay leaf. When vegetables are done, place in water. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 30 minutes. In batches, use a blender to blend the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment