Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spinach, Red Pepper, and Asparagus Fritatta.

I'm in use-up mode. We have little amounts of random ingredients on hand, and instead of them going bad my brain has set into action to use up everything before it goes bad.

This fritatta wasn't as good as the one we made the other day, but it was really good considering I made it up on the fly.

I started by melting a small amount of butter over medium-high heat.

Then, I added chopped onions and cooked them until transparent. I added the leftover chopped white asparagus and chopped red pepper and cooked for a few minutes. Then, I added a few handfuls of spinach and cooked until wilted. Then, I whipped up the four eggs we had left (but more would be advisable), about a tablespoon of milk and a tablespoon of half and half, and then a few ounces of shredded white cheddar and a few shakes of grated Parmesan.

You know, whatever I found in the fridge. And it was just as good the next morning for breakfast. Tasty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment