Friday, July 16, 2010

"Quick-and-Easy Beans"

For dinner tonight we made another new recipe...kind of. Mom clipped out a recipe for "pasta with white beans and arugula" from Southern Living who-knows how long ago. As I was making it, I hardly followed the recipe, adding and omitting things as I pleased. It was rather tasty, but made quite a lot.... even though I halved it. The recipe with my changes:

Pasta with White Beans and Spinach 
makes 6ish? main dish servings Prep 15 minutes cook 15 minutes
quick! 
 

8 oz. of farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
1 (19 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 (8.5 oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes with herbs in oil, drained and chopped
5 oz (ish) fresh spinach, broken into pieces
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled 
1/8 cup fresh basil
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.  Stir together all other ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in hot cooked pasta until blended. & voila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment