Friday, November 4, 2011

White Bean Apple Dip

I was oh-so skeptical with this recipe. So skeptical in fact that I'm pretty sure I ended up making it just out of curiosity and didn't expect to eat any of it. 

Well, I ate all of it. 

It wasn't overly spectacular or anything, but it's a good recipe to have on hand because it's so simple, takes ingredients I usually have on hand, and is a healthy and sweet dip that I didn't feel guilty eating. The dip itself was not one of those dips I would find eating with a spoon. (probably a good thing) It just wasn't overly sweet*, but with the natural sweetness of the Macintosh apples I used for dipping, it was perfect! 

Sweet White Bean Apple Dip
1 1/2 C cooked white beans**
3/4 C unsweetened apple juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbs maple syrup 


In a food processor or blender, process the beans until smooth. Add apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup. Serve chilled with apples, or baked cinnamon chips like Happy Healthy Mommy did!
*It probably would have been a lot sweeter if I had apple juice on hand..... but I just substituted water. 
**I had made dried beans, frozen them in their own liquid, thawed, and drained. You can also use a 15 oz can, drained and rinsed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment