Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let's be honest. Flapjack is so much more fun to say than pancake.

Use up time! This week I made Red Velvet Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting for my customers. :) 

I sold my 50th Cupcake this Friday! 

















The cupcakes took buttermilk, and instead of letting it go to waste I figured I should use it up. Buttermilk = Pancakes. I found a new recipe for Chocolate Pancakes I had cut out, and basically cut it in thirds and switched some things around.


Chocolate-Chip Chocolate Flapjacks
yes I ate these for dinner. yes it made five. and yes ate them all. 




















(sidenote: I didn't really measure anything so here's some guesses?) 

a little more than 1/2 cup of flour
a little more than 5 tsp cocoa powder 
about 6 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 egg .... yeah I know. I plan on scrambling the other 2/3 when I'm not so extremely stuffed. 
1 Tbs. oil 

Chocolate Chips (optional)


I thought this might be a good time to introduce my roomate, Betty. This is her chillaxin on my couch. :) 




1 comment:

  1. Betty appears to be getting over the proceedings quite nicely. ;)

    And those flapjacks look scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete