Monday, October 24, 2011

Empty-Cupboard Cornbread


So I disappeared for quite a bit. It's not that I stopped cooking, or eating, (my lack of clothing that fits is proof enough.)... just stopped blogging. It's always been for my benefit, anyway, to keep track of the things I made. And lately, I've been coming back and searching for favorite recipes from the past. So I figured I might start again, mainly out of laziness for finding a more efficient way to organize my accumulating pile of recipes.

I might go back and highlight on some of the fantastic things I've eaten in the past few months (and there have been plenty), but today I'm just jotting down the recipe for these cornmuffins that I threw together when I really wanted cornbread but had no eggs, milk, or butter, and didn't really feel like using a bunch of oil. Didn't expect them to turn out, and they're definitely not the best I've ever had, but considering they were lacking in some of the essential ingredients for cornbread, they were pretty freakin' fantastic.


Empty-Cupboard Cornbread
makes 6 | 30 minutes

1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Cornmeal
2 T Sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup yogurt
1 1/2 T water
1/2 T Oil
1 T Applesauce (unsweetened)

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and then add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Fill sprayed or paper-lined muffin pans, and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or golden.

*They were delish warm and with honey.
*About 100 calories per muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment