Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm changing my blog

I'm slowly learning cooking for one at college is all about cooking simply, cooking with essentials, and using something up once you open it. Therefore, my blog is taking a turn in that direction. We'll see how that goes.


My current situation is with cheese. I opened a package of shredded italian cheese for the mini pizzas and I've been racking my brain for different ways to use up this cheese. And garlic. And green peppers. And wheat english muffins.


(Dorm)made Bowtie Alfredo 

milk
+flour
+garlic pepper and other spices
+butter
+cheese
+pasta
+english muffin breadcrumbs on top = 
















Ravioli with tomato sauce and cheese

well, I cheated on this one. I'm not sure many people make their own ravioli anyway. Especially in a dorm room.

frozen beef ravioli
+ pizza sauce (leftover)
+ water
+oregano
+cheese (leftover) =


















Oh, and also. I had spinach to use up. So I sauteed it in raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Who knew you could do that? Not me. But I tried it and it was tasty.


Lemon-Pesto Chicken with Green Peppers
Pesto packet+
chicken breast +
green pepper+
garlic cloves+
seasoning+
bowtie pasta +
lemon juice+
cheese=



This made enough for leftovers. Which is awesome because cooking like this takes TIME. Time which I may need for studying later.

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment