Monday, February 28, 2011

Crispy and Spicy Garbanzos

I'm so behind on posting what I've been making! With midterms, my actuarial exam coming up, and planning for Spring Break it's been slipping my mind. I'm basically running out of food and trying to clear out my freezer before I leave for the week, so there hasn't been too much exciting business going on, but I've made poptarts, shrimp and rice, and ....

Crispy and Spicy Garbanzos!

I wanted something salty to snack on while I was studying and these were tasty yet filling.However, they're not really that great the next day.

Ingredients:
1 can chick peas
1/2 Tbs. olive oil
Desired spices. (I used cumin and garlic pepper. I wish I had more spices because paprika would be good)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil. Rinse beans and pat dry. Combine spices and olive oil in a small bowl and add beans. Toss to coat in spices, and then lay on cookie sheet in a single layer. Cook in oven for about 30 minutes, shaking every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.

Makes 3 1/3 Cup servings @ 130 calories each.

Now, back to studying. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment