Friday, February 4, 2011

Peppermint Hot Cocoa

My mom bought me this really cute mug for valentine's day. I know, it's ten days away. But it inspired me to make hot cocoa on this miserably rainy day. It was really tasty, but next time I would probably add more sugar. It's handy because you can just multiply the recipe for however many servings you want to make. Whip this up for your honey this valentine's day!

Peppermint Hot Cocoa 
Serves: 1 Time: 5 minutes
Healthy, Quick, Inexpensive

1 C fat free milk
1 heaping T of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp sugar 
1/4 tsp peppermint extract 
Heat milk in small saucepan over medium heat. Once steaming (but not boiling) add cocoa power and sugar. Whisk until combined. Add peppermint extract. Serve in your new valentine's day mug (or any old mug will do!) Serve with marshmallows, marshmallow cream, or a peppermint stick!

Calories per serving: 105

No comments:

Post a Comment